September 19 from 7:00am - 4:00pm
The 14th annual Fathers Walk is Thursday September 19th, 2019 at public, private and charter schools throughout Cuyahoga and surrounding counties. Fathers and other male mentors are encouraged to to take their kids to school on this date and throughout the school year. Please support the thousands of fathers, uncles, grandfathers, stepfathers, foster fathers, brothers and mentors as they step up to support the education of children in their lives.
The Fathers Walk Pledge
On September 19th, fathers and male mentors will take the following pledge at participating schools and are encouraged to keep the pledge year-round:
- I am responsible for the education of my child.
- I will encourage all children to do their best every day at school.
- I will speak to my child about the value of learning and the importance of reaching your potential.
- I will help with school work and review assignments for completion.
- I will praise my child when he/she does well in school.
- I will speak with my child’s teachers and support them in educating my child.
- I will teach my child the value of education and the value of family.
- I will work with my child’s mother or guardian to achieve the best academic and social outcomes for my child even if I do not live with my child.
©Theresa Mejia Johnson, I Am a Dream, 2012
Get Your School Involved!
Please plan on participating this year and help us spread the word! Promote the Fathers Walk on your social media outlets with the hashtags #FathersWalk or #NEOFathersWalk.
Color promotional cards for the Cuyahoga County Fathers Walk, with the Fathers Walk pledge, are available for distribution. Do you need some? Complete this form and we'll deliver them to you.
Fathers Walk in Cuyahoga County is brought to you by Passages, Global Parenting Network, the Cuyahoga County Fatherhood Initiative (CCFI), the Healthy Fathering Collaborative, Day with Dad Storybooks, and WKYC.